WE Mutual is based in your community and the Company, along with our agents, employees and directors play an important role in those communities. You will recognize names and faces serving throughout the community on service clubs, active in their church organizations, coaching hockey, baseball and soccer for youth, 4-H leaders and many agricultural organizations.
WE Mutual helps to fund community projects in the areas we serve, that provide long term benefits to a broad cross section of the population. Working closely with municipalities and service clubs ensures the impact is widely spread.
Each year we support local fall fairs across Elgin County as we consider these are important community occasions that rely on a host of volunteers to make a special one, two or three day event in our back yards. WE Mutual also works closely with local volunteer fire departments by supporting special equipment purchases, smoke alarm installation programs and fire prevention education.
Some ways we’ve helped
Every year we are provided with the opportunity to lend financial support in our communities. Here are a few examples:
- Hospice of Elgin
- Miller Park Pavilion (Optimist Club of West Lorne)
- New Emergency Shelter (Violence Against Women Services Elgin County)
- Aylmer splash pad (Aylmer Rotary Club)
- Dutton-Dunwich - pool and community centre improvements
- Miller Park splash pad (Optimist Club of West Lorne)
- East Elgin Community Complex.
- Dutton-Dunwich Medical Centre
- Elgin Manor – St. Thomas
- St Thomas Elgin General Hospital "Great Expansion"
- Straffordville Community Centre
- Dutton Splash Pad
- FCHS Endoscopy Campaign
- West Lorne and Community Horticultural Society Centennial Garden
- Wallacetown Agricultural Society Ellis Sifton Pavilion Project
- Longest Day of Golf – Fore the Kids